The Cameroonian electricity sector is governed by the following texts:
- Law N ° 2011/022 of 14 December 2011 governing the electricity sector, which replaces Law n ° 98/022 of 24 December 1998;
- Decree No. 2012/2806 / PM of 24 September 2012 implementing certain provisions of Law No. 2011/022 of 14 December 2011 governing the electricity sector in Cameroon;
- Decree No. 2001/021 / PM of 29 January 2001 fixing the rate, the methods for calculating, recovering and distributing the royalty on the activities of the electricity sector;
- Decree No. 2000/464 PM of 30 June 2000 governing the activities of the electricity sector;
- the order n ° 0193 / A / MINEE of April 28th, 2014 concerning the composition of the files of the application for concession, license, authorization and declaration, as well as the expenses relating thereto which replace the decree n ° 061 / CAB / MINMEE of January 30, 2001.